Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) systems are used primarily on sites where the main restrictions are time parked on site. These systems operate using installed camera systems on these sites monitoring the entry and exit routes on site, determining the duration of that vehicles stay on site. There are certain advantages to these systems;
- Allow entry to authorised vehicles ( only when used in conjunction with a barrier system)
- Monitor traffic flow- building up a picture of peak and off peak times/days, to aid with staffing and marketing.
- Create a list of predetermined registration numbers thereby only targeting unauthorised vehicles.
- Allow 24 hour parking enforcement.
- Ensure extra security on site, with all camera footage legally enforceable as evidence in court.
- Reduce insurance rates.